Indian Navy Recruitment 2020 – Candidates who want to become an officer in the Indian navy can grab the opportunity now. Indian navy is going to publish the executive and technical branch notification on 12th January 2019 and it will be open till 01st February 2019, eligible candidates can apply for this entry, if shortlisted, they will attend the SSB interview directly.
Applications are invited from unmarried eligible male candidates for grant of Permanent Commission in Executive Branch [Naval Armament Inspectorate Cadre (NAIC)] and Short Service Commission (SSC) in Executive Branch viz. General Service/Hydro and Technical Branch (General Service) in the Indian Navy for January 2020 Course conducted at Indian Naval Academy (INA) Ezhimala, Kerala. Candidates must fulfill conditions of nationality as laid down by the Government of India.
Indian Navy Executive & Technical Branch Course 2020 (January)
- Organization Name: Indian Navy
- Job Category: Navy Job
- Name of the Post: Naval Armament Inspectorate Cadre (NAIC) & Other
- Total No. of Posts: 102
- Job Location: Kerala
- i) Naval Armament Inspection Cadre (NAIC) – 12
- ii) General Service (GS) /Hydrography Cadre – 30
- i) Engineering Branch [General Service (GS)] – 28
- ii) Electrical Branch [General Service (GS)] – 32
- 27 vacancies for General Services and three vacancies for Hydro cadre.
Eligibility Criteria for Indian Navy Recruitment
- Age Limit – Born between 02nd January 1995 & 01st July 2000 (both dates inclusive).
- Who Can Apply: Candidates who have passed Engineering Degree or are in the final year of Engineering course in any of the under mentioned disciplines from a recognised educational institute with 60% marks till 5th/7th semester in regular/integrated course respectively.
- Call up for SSB: Candidates will be issued Call Up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interview based on their academic performance till 5th/7th semester for all eligible regular/integrated course respectively.
- Minimum % age on Joining INA: The candidates will, however, be required to pass final exam (BE/B Tech) with minimum 60% before joining INA. The candidates failing to meet minimum cut off % age will not be permitted to join INA Ezhimala.
- NAIC (Male – PC): (i) Electrical (ii) Electrical & Electronics (iii) Electronics (iv) Applied Electronics & Instrumentation (v) Electronics & Communication (vi) Electronics & Telecommunication (vii) Electronics & Instrumentation (viii) Instrumentation (ix) Instrumentation & Control (x) Micro-electronics (xi) Mechanical (xii) Control (xiii) Industrial Production (xiv) Industrial (xv) Production (xvi) Aero Space (xvii) Metallurgy (xviii) Metallurgical (xix) Chemical (xx) Material Science (xxi) Computer Science (xxii) Information Technology (xxiii) Computer (xxiv) Computer Application
- General Service/ Hydrography Cadre (Male – SSC): BE/B. Tech (Any Discipline)
- Engineering Branch (General Service) [Male – SSC]: (i) Mechanical (ii) Marine (iii) Instrumentation (iv) Production (v) Aeronautical (vi)Industrial Engineering & Management (vii) Control Engineering (viii) Aerospace (ix) Automobiles (x) Metallurgy (xi) Mechatronics (xii) Instrumentation & Control.
- Electrical Branch (General Service) [Male – SSC]: (i) Electrical (ii) Electronics (iii) Telecommunication (iv) Electronics & Communication (v) Power Engineering (vi) Control System Engineering (vii) Power Electronics (viii) Avionics (ix) Electronics & Instrumentation (x) Instrumentation & Control.
- Call up for SSB Candidates will be issued Call Up for Service Selection Board (SSB) interview based on their academic performance till 5th/7th semester for all eligible regular/integrated course respectively.
- Minimum % age on Joining INA The candidates will, however be required to pass final exam (BE/B Tech) with minimum 60% before joining INA.
- The selection procedure is as follows:
- IHQ of MoD reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cut off/ based on percentage of marks obtained in BE/B. Tech without assigning any reason. No communication will be entertained on this account. SSB interviews for shortlisted candidates will be scheduled at Bangalore/Bhopal/Coimbatore/Visakhapatnam during Apr 2019 – Jul 2019
- Selected candidates will be informed about their selection for SSB interview on their e-mail or through SMS (provided by candidates in their application form).
- SSB interview will be conducted in two Stages. Stage I test consisting of Intelligence Test, Picture Perception and Discussion test will be conducted on the first day of arrival at SSB. Candidates who fail to qualify in Stage I will be routed back on the same day. Stage II tests comprising of Psychological testing, Group testing and Interview will last for 04 days.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit will be appointed for training as per all India merit of SSB marks depending on the number of vacancies.
- Change of SSB Centre for interview is not permissible under any circumstance.
Pay Scale & Promotions
- The promotion from Sub Lieutenant to Commander is on time scale basis subject to completion of mandatory courses, sea time and medical condition. The Pay Scale and promotion as per 07th CPC
- Sub Lieutenant (SLT) – Rs.56100-110700/- & Level 10 and; MSP – Rs.15500/-
- Lieutenant (LT) – Rs.61300-120900/- & Level 10B and; MSP – Rs.15500/-
- Lieutenant Commander (Lt Cdr) – Rs.69400-136900/- & Level 11 and; MSP – Rs.15500/-
- Commander (Cdr) – Rs.121200-212400/- & Level 12A and; MSP – Rs.15500/-
Indian Navy Recruitment Application Procedure
- Candidates are to register and fill application on recruitment website joinindiannavy.gov.in; the candidates are to apply from 12th January 2019 to 01st February 2019
- Whilst filling up the e-application, it is advisable to keep the relevant documents readily available to enable the following:
- Correct filling up of personal particulars. Details are to be filled up as given in the Matriculation Certificate
- Fields such as e-mail address, mobile number are mandatory fields and need to be filled
- All relevant documents (preferably in original) (marks sheets upto 05th & 07th Semester for regular and integrated courses respectively, date of birth proof (as per 10th & 12th certificate), CGPA conversion formula for BE/B. Tech) and a recent passport size colour photograph should be scanned in original JPG/FITT format, respectively for attaching the same while filling up the application.
- If any scanned document is not legible/readable for any reason the application will be rejected. Candidates are to take print out of application and carry it while appearing for SSB interview.
- Please read the instructions given on the website carefully before submitting your ‘e-application’ form.
Indian Navy Recruitment Dates
- Date of Opening: 12th January 2019
- Last Date for Online Application: 01st February 2019
- Course Commencing January 2020
For Official Notification, CLICK HERE
Latest posts by Indian Defence News (see all)
- Pakistan bans Hafiz Saeed-led JuD and its charity wing FIF - February 22, 2019
- Free Air Travel for Jawans, Govt decides after Pulwama Attack - February 22, 2019
- India aims to be among World’s top 3 Economies in next 15 years : PM Modi - February 22, 2019