Indian Army has invited applications from UNMARRIED male and female candidates (including wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel) for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army.
- Nationality: India, Nepal, Bhutan, Tibet refugee who came to India before 1st Jan 1962
- Age Limit: 19 to 25 years as on 1st July 2019 (born not earlier than 2nd Jan 1994 and 1st Jan 2000 (Both dates inclusive).
Educational Qualification and Other Criteria-
|For NCC C Certificate holders||For Ward of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel|
|Graduation with 50 % marks. If appearing in Final year, 50 % marks in previous years.||50 % marks in Graduation|
|Should have served for minimum 2 years in the Senior Division Wing of NCC.||NCC C Certificate Not required|
|Should have achieved minimum B Grade in C Certificate Exam of NCC.|
|Battle Casualty Certificate Number|
|Copy of MP Date/Respective Regimental Records part II Order No.|
|Relationship Certificate No.|
- NCC Men – 50
- NCC Women – 50
The Vacancy is 45 for General Category and 05 for wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel only.
Terms and Conditions of Service –
- Tenure of Engagement: 10 Years extendable by 4 years subject to their performance.
- Period of Probation: 6 Months after commissioning
- Ante Date Seniority: No Ante Date Seniority will be granted.
- Termination of commission –
- Medical Unfitness
- Failure to qualify any prescribed test or Course
- If Services not required
- Voluntary resignation with 3 months notice period.
Duration is 49 weeks at Officers Training Academy, Chennai.
Promotion Criteria –
|Captain||On completion of 2 years|
|Major||On completion of 6 years|
|Lt Colonel||On completion of 13 years|
|Colonel (TS)||On completion of 26 years|
|Colonel||On Selection basis subject to fulfilment of requisite service conditions|
|Lt General /HAG Scale|
|HAG + Scale|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lt Gen (NFSG)|
|Rank||Level||Pay in Rupees|
|Lieutenant||Level 10||56,100 – 1,77,500|
|Captain||Level 10B||61,300 – 1,93,900|
|Major||Level 11||69,400 – 2,07, 200|
|Lt Colonel||Level 12A||1,21,200 – 2,12,400|
|Colonel||Level 13||1,30,600 – 2,15,900|
|Brigadier||Level 13A||1,39,600 – 2,17,600|
|Major General||Level 14||1,44,200 – 2,18,200|
|Lt General /HAG Scale||Level 15||1,82,200 – 2,24,100|
|HAG + Scale||Level 16||2,05,400 – 2,24,400|
|VCOAS/Army Cdr/Lt Gen (NFSG)||Level 17||2,25,000 (fixed)|
|COAS||Level 18||2,50,000 (fixed)|
There are several other allowances like Military Service Pay, Field Area Allowance, Dearness Allowance, High Altitude Allowance, Transport Allowance, Uniform Allowance, Free ration, Children Education Allowance etc.
How to Apply –
- Applications will be accepted only online on joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- Click on Officers Entry Apply/Login and then click Registration
- Fill details and after getting registered click on Apply Online.
- In Each page that follows, keep filling your information and keep clicking on save and continue
- On the last page which is named Summary of Information, review your information and click on Submit.
- One can open the application as many times as required and edit information.
- 30 Minutes after the closure of Online Application, candidates are required to take 2 copies of the application form.
Documents to be carried, to the Selection Centre –
- One copy of Application form duly signed and self-attested photograph affixed.
- Copy of Class 10th Mark Sheet and Passing Certificate
- Copy of Graduation Degree and mark sheets of each year.
- Copy of NCC C Certificate (Not required for wards of Battle Casualties)
- If in Final year, Certificate from the Principal stating that the candidate is in the final year.
- The wards of Battle Casualties will also submit the above-mentioned documents.
SSB Centres –
Selection Procedure –
- Army reserves the right to set and change cut off.
- Shortlisted candidates will be notified Via Email.
- Candidates can log in and select SSB centre and dates on first come first serve basis.
- SSB interview is a 5-day process conducted in two phases. Only Candidates who clear the first phase will be allowed to appear in the 2nd
- Candidates who clear the 2nd phase will go through a medical examination.
- Candidates who are found fit will be issued a joining letter, based on merit list and depending on the number of vacancies.
Physical Standards –
- Height and weight
- Males: 157.5 cms with correlated weight.
- Females: 152 cms and 42 Kgs.
- There is a concession on height to some geographical areas (check official website for the details)
- Permanent body tattoos: Permanent body tattoos are not permitted, however, tattoos only on inner face of the forearms (inside of elbow to the wrist), back (dorsal) part of the hand/reverse side of palm and Tribals with tattoos which are as per custom and traditions of their tribes may be considered. BUT, right to decide on acceptability/ unacceptability of the individual shall rest with the Selection Centre.
- Candidates are required to meet the following –
|Running 2.4 Kms in 15 Minutes|
|13 push ups|
|25 sit ups|
|6 chin ups|
|3 to 4 meters rope climbing|
- Bring all the documents in original as well. Original will be returned after verification and copies will be submitted.
- Candidates who don’t bring the originals in SSB, their candidature will be cancelled.
- Candidates must apply online only once. Multiple applications by the same candidates will cause all the applications getting rejected.
- Candidates expelled earlier from IMA, OTA, NA, IFA, won’t be entertained at all.
- Candidates must bring their Adhar Card.
- Request to change the SSB date or centre will not be entertained.